Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is an alcohol-free liquid barrier film that dries quickly to form a breathable, transparent coating on the skin. It is designed to protect intact, damaged or ‘at-risk’ skin from urine, faeces, other body fluids, adhesive trauma and friction.
- Primary barrier against body fluids, for improved continence care
- Alcohol-free and non-stinging – comfortable to use even on sore, damaged skin
- Safe – will not interfere with the healing process of sore, damaged skin
- Fast-drying and non-sticky – for ease of use and patient comfort
- Chlorhexidine gluconate and povidone iodine compatible
- Helps prevent incontinence -associated dermatitis
- Peristomal/Peri tube skin protection
- Peri wound skin protection
- Medical Adhesive-related skin injury (MARSI) prevention around I.V. sites; Medical Adhesive-related skin injury (MARSI) prevention under dressings, tapes and negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT)
- Protection from moisture and friction (MASD)
The more gentle method to shield the skin from body fluids, friction, and adhesives. Barrier film that is alcohol-free can be applied without irritation. It forms a transparent, breathable film to provide lasting protection.
It’s fast drying and is non-sticky, which improves patient ease. It works even when placed over an area that has folds or wrinkles. Hypoallergenic and non-cytotoxic. Cavilon Does not cause any Sting Barrier Film is suitable for damaged or intact skin. Provides clinically-proven protection against incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD).
Clinically-Proven – backed by more evidence from clinical studies than any other water barrier or barrier film. It has more than 70 clinical studies
Versatile Solution that Guards Skin From the Outside in- solution for many skin problems including, medical adhesive-related skin injury (MARSI), periwound skin damage, peristomal skin damage, incontinence-associated dermatitis and other moisture and friction skin damage prevention needs
Patient-Friendly – Alcohol-free hypoallergenic formula doesn’t make skin sensitive or irritatedIt can be used for damaged or healthy skin
Simple Caregiving – Cost-effective waterproof, breathable, durable fast drying, non-sticky as well as waterproof. CHG compatible formula permits continuous monitoring and visualisation on the appearance of skin.
Unique Formulation – The first and the only alcohol-free terpolymer barrier film that offers protection against skin damage. It’s flexible and moulds to the skin’s contours during movements and changes in position, allowing an ongoing skin protection barrier.
1. What is Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film used for?
Ans: It is used for protecting the damaged skin against urine or any other faecal Incontinence, Adhesives, Wound Drainage and Digestive Fluids.
2. What is 3M Cavilon spray used for?
Ans: It is a liquid barrier film which dries quickly, It is used for protecting the damaged skin against urine or any other faecal Incontinence, Adhesives, Wound Drainage and Digestive Fluids.