I.V. Cannula Paediatric & Neonatal
The Wings are made up of nontoxic, medical-grade polypropylene compatible with any medication. The injection port and the receiving end of the wing have a 6% luer taper as per ISO:80369.The Needle is made from cold-rolled stainless steel strips. The tip of the needle has a short bevel ‘back’ cut point for easy catheterization and minimal pain and risk of perforation.
With so many patients to take care of every day, it’s easy to get carried away by the pressure of the job. However, haste can sometimes pave the way for dire consequences. In the context of healthcare, it can lead to unfortunate incidents like needle stick injuries (NSIs), which can give rise to dangerous blood-borne diseases like HIV and AIDS. As per WHO statistics, approximately 3 million healthcare professionals fall victim to NSIs every year, making NSIs a grave medical issue. To help healthcare workers keep the risks of NSIs at bay, HMD offers highly precise, reliable, and durable Cathy + Neo I.V. cannulas, equipped with leading-edge safety features to ensure an accident-free operation. Designed especially for neonates and children, Cathy+NEO I.V. Cannulas come with a one-of-its-kind “Instant Flashback Visualisation” feature, which facilitates successful cannulation in the first attempt, and is especially useful for neonates and children, as it causes minimal trauma and pain. The I.V. Cannula comes with SIPCLIP(sharps injury prevention), which is the first line of defence in our I.V. cannulas. It acts as a protective shield when the needle is extracted from the catheter, post cannulation. This extra layer of protection prevents accidental needle pricks, provided it is used in accordance with the general safety procedures during use and disposal. Plus, it also comes with an auto-protection module, an automatic, intuitive mechanism that requires no further training or instruction of the medical staff. Let’s look at some of the other features of our Cathy + Neo IV Cannulas
- Grooved and Angled wings for easy handling and fixation
- Equipped with injection port cap for valve protection, which also prevents backflow of medication
- Allows for blood flashback visualisation
- It comes with a needle hub which acts as a thumb rest for proper grip and handling
- Electrofinished, siliconised needle with a back cut bevel to minimise pain
- It comes with a Luer Lock cap which facilitates easy patient mobility when the medication is discontinued temporarily
- Colour-coded port cap for easier identification
We package our Cathy + Neo IV cannulas in rigid blister packs, which are, in turn, sealed in the peel-able medical-grade paper.
- It’s a 2 way/1 way I.V. Cannula with wings.
- It is provided with a low-pressure injection valve to facilitate extra medication and to prevent its backflow.
- Medicine can be injected by a syringe without a needle thereby reducing the chances of infection and preventing needlestick injuries. The cost of the needle is also saved.
- The valve is protected with easy to open Injection Port Cap.
- Coloured Injection Port Cap for size identification.
- It offers a safe and convenient method of atraumatic administration of medicines.
- Angled & grooved wings offer easy fixation and prevent shifting & rolling of the cannula in the patient’s body.
- Single-use, sterile, non-pyrogenic, and nontoxic.
I.V. Cannula Paediatric & Neonatal FAQs
- What is an I.V. Cannula Paediatric and neonatal?
- An I.V. Cannula Paediatric and neonatal is a specially designed medical device used to administer fluids, blood, or medication directly into the bloodstream of infants and children. Due to the smaller veins and delicate nature of pediatric and neonatal patients, these cannulas are specifically sized and structured to ensure safe and efficient delivery.
- How is the Paediatric and neonatal I.V. Cannula different from the adult version?
- The Paediatric and neonatal I.V. Cannula are different in size, length, and gauge. Since the veins of infants and children are smaller and more fragile, these cannulas are designed to be more delicate, ensuring minimal discomfort and reduced risk of complications.
- When should the I.V. Cannula Paediatric & Neonatal be replaced?
- The frequency of cannula replacement primarily depends on the patient’s clinical condition, the type of fluids being administered, and the hospital’s protocols. However, monitoring for signs of inflammation, infection, or blockage is essential. If any issues arise, the cannula should be promptly replaced.
- Are there any risks or complications associated with using the Paediatric and neonatal I.V. Cannula?
- As with any medical device, there are potential risks, including infection, phlebitis (vein inflammation), extravasation (fluid leakage into surrounding tissues), and air embolism. Proper insertion, maintenance, and regular monitoring can minimize these risks.
- How do you care for the insertion site of the I.V. Cannula in pediatric and neonatal patients?
- The site should be kept clean and dry. Regularly inspect the site for signs of redness, swelling, or discharge. Ensure that the cannula is secured well to prevent unnecessary movement, and follow the hospital’s guidelines and protocols for dressing changes and site care.
- Are I.V. Cannula Paediatric and neonatal devices approved by the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP)?
- All medical devices, including the I.V. Cannula Paediatric & Neonatal, must undergo stringent checks and approvals by the UAE MOHAP before being used in national medical institutions.
- Where can I purchase I.V. Cannula Paediatric & Neonatal devices in the UAE?
- These devices are available at licensed medical suppliers, pharmacies, and hospitals in the UAE. It’s always best to check with local health institutions or the MOHAP website for a list of approved vendors.
- Do UAE I.V. Cannula Paediatric and neonatal devices adhere to specific standards?
- Yes, medical devices sold in the UAE must meet the standards set by the UAE MOHAP, ensuring they are high quality and safe for use.
- Is there any training provided in the UAE for healthcare professionals on using the I.V. Cannula Paediatric & Neonatal?
- Most hospitals and medical institutions in the UAE offer training sessions for their staff on using and managing medical devices. The MOHAP occasionally organizes training and workshops to enhance healthcare professionals’ skills.
- Can I import I.V. Cannula Paediatric and neonatal devices to the UAE for medical use?
- You can import these devices, but they must meet the UAE’s regulatory requirements. All imports are subject to inspection and approval by the UAE MOHAP.
Specially designed for the fragile vascular system of infants and children, our I.V. Cannula Paediatric & Neonatal ensures a secure and comfortable experience for your youngest patients. With precision, this device features a soft, flexible tube, allowing easy insertion with minimal discomfort. Its compact design ensures a snug fit, reducing the risk of complications. Approved by the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention, this cannula adheres to the highest safety standards, ensuring peace of mind for both healthcare professionals and parents. Suitable for administering fluids, medications, and blood products, it’s an indispensable tool for pediatric and neonatal care in the UAE.