Flexicare ThermoTrach HME
Flexicare ThermoTrach Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) for spontaneously breathing patients fitted with a tracheostomy tube.
Self-sealing Suction Port and Integral Cough Vent:
The airway can be cleared by inserting a suction catheter through the integrated self-sealing suction port. The port also acts as a vent that can open during vigorous coughing to allow thick mucosal secretions to be expelled, avoiding blocking of the airway.
Swivel Oxygen Connector:
Supplementary oxygen can be provided by attachment to the Flexicare HME ThermoTrach swivel oxygen connector which can be angled to the most convenient and comfortable position, reducing the risk of disconnection, kinking and drag against the patient.
Corrugated Paper Media:
The white colour HME media makes it easy for carers to see any contamination of the media and change before a problem arises.
Clear housing permits visual examination for potential occlusion or accumulation of secretions which could block the airway.
The oxygen flows through the HME to be warmed and humidified before reaching the patient.
- 15mm Female Connector
- Anatomical Curved Design
- Self-sealing Suction Port & Integral Cough Vent
- Clear Construction
- Swivel Oxygen Connector
- Self-sealing suction port and the integral cough Vent. Airways can be opened through the suction catheter that is inserted via the suction port. It also functions as a vent, which can be opened during vigorous coughing in order to allow mucosal secretions that are thick to be released, thus avoiding obstruction to the airway.
- Swivel Oxygen Connector additional oxygen is available through the ThermoTrach oxygen connector that swivels. It can be tilted towards the most suitable and comfortable location, decreasing the chance of disconnecting as well as kinking or dragging on the patient.
- Corrugated paper media – The blue hue of HME Media makes it simple for carers to detect any signs of contamination and alter it prior to the onset of a problem.
- Clear Construction – Clear housing allows the visual inspection of any potential obstruction or accumulation of secretions that could hinder airflow
Humidified Oxygen – The oxygen moves across HME HME to be warmed up and humidified prior to reaching the patient.