Covidien Kendall AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressings with the top Sheet Box or Case
- Kendall AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressings that are antimicrobial were designed to assist your efforts to manage the balance of bacteria and moisture while reducing costs.
- The dressing is an open-cell polyurethane dressing impregnated with 0.5 percent Polyhexamethylene Biguanide (PHMB).
- It is an extremely efficacious antiseptic with low toxicity. The dressings work against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
- They also fight yeast and fungi. Kendall AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressings, are designed to control moisture and bacteria, making for healthy, moisture-rich wound healing.
- Microstructured open cells absorb the exudate.
- Vertical wicking action, which moves fluids to the core of the foam.
- A dense core that increases the retention of exudate.
Features of Covidien Kendall AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressings
- The dressings have antimicrobial agents that actively fight against the harmful growth of bacteria, decrease the possibility of infection, and help the system’s natural healing process.
- The dressings we use have a high absorption capacity to efficiently control the exudate from wounds while establishing an optimally moist environment for faster healing.
Conformability and Comfort
- The conformability and comfort of Kendall AMD Foam Dressings have been specifically designed to fit the shape of wound sites for maximum patient comfort.
- They offer an incredibly comfortable fitting that reduces discomfort while wearing.
- Their soft material provides the most comfort and softness while wearing it.
- The dressings work as a shield to protect the wound from external contaminants, thereby protecting the wound while allowing for uninterrupted healing.
Increases cell proliferation
- Antimicrobial properties not only aid in fighting infections but also boost cell division, promoting tissue regeneration and lessening scarring.
- Foam dressing is impregnated with 0.5 percent Polyhexamethylene Biguanide HCI (PHMB)
- PHMB is an extremely efficacious yet non-toxic antiseptic that is low-toxicity and highly effective. PHMB is an extremely stable, safe chemical with more than 75 years of commercial usage in baby wipes, Contact lens solutions, and pool cleaners.
- The dressing has a distinct mechanism of operation. The foam absorbs wound fluid. PHMB is a binder to foam and eliminates bacteria
- Effective against common bacteria. It is effective against Gram + and gram bacteria such as MSRA, VRE, Pseudomonas and Acinetobacter baumannii.
- It is effective for up to seven days. Tested to ward off repeated contamination for seven days or more effectively.
- Cost-effective and costs less than many treatments for antimicrobials and dressings made of silver.
- Creates a moist, bactericidal atmosphere
- that has been widely used for over 75 years, and there is no evidence of resistance
- Individually packaged and sterilized
- It is encased with one of the sheets.
- 10 AMD foam dressings per box / five boxes per case
- Manufacturer: Covidien/Kendall
- Do not use Covidien AMD dressings containing Dakin’s Solution cleanser and bleach solutions. These solutions inhibit the PHMB and cause discoloration of the product.