Shiley Neonatal and Paediatric Tracheostomy Tubes
- Designed for the distinct anatomy of neonate and paediatric airways.
- Shiley neonatal and paediatric tracheostomy solutions incorporate a wide range of simple and smart design advances to improve the healthcare experience for both patients and clinicians.
- Our portfolio offers innovative cuffed and cuffless options, in a variety of sizes, with designs tailored to the needs of neonatal and paediatric patients.
Features of the Shiley Neonatal and Paediatric Tracheostomy Tubes
- Appropriate Size and Design: Shiley Neonatal and Paediatric Tracheostomy Tubes are available in various sizes suitable for infants and children of different age groups. The tubes’ design takes into account the smaller airway dimensions in young patients, ensuring a secure and comfortable fit.
- Soft and Flexible Material: The tubes are crafted from soft, flexible materials, minimizing irritation and injury to delicate tissues. The gentle nature of the material enhances the young patients’ comfort during extended usage.
- Atraumatic Tapered Tip: Shiley Neonatal and Paediatric Tracheostomy Tubes feature an atraumatic tapered tip that facilitates smooth insertion into the tracheostomy stoma. This design reduces trauma and discomfort during the placement process.
- Murphy Eye: Each tube is equipped with a Murphy eye, a small hole at the distal end. The Murphy eye acts as an additional ventilation pathway, ensuring continuous airflow in case the main opening becomes partially blocked.
- High-Quality Material: The tracheostomy tubes are crafted from medical-grade materials, meeting stringent quality standards. This feature ensures patient safety and reduces the risk of adverse reactions.
- Cuffed and Cuffless Options: Shiley offers both cuffed and cuffless tracheostomy tubes for neonatal and paediatric patients. The cuffed variant provides an airtight seal during mechanical ventilation, while the cuffless option facilitates natural breathing patterns.
- Low-Pressure Cuff (Cuffed Tubes): Cuffed tubes feature a low-pressure cuff system, minimizing the risk of tracheal damage while maintaining an effective seal during ventilation.
These clinician-inspired solutions include:
- Flange distinction for neonatal or paediatric patients
- A unique paediatric cuff design
- Comfort recess on the bottom of the connector to help reduce inferior stoma irritation
- Transparent soft flange that supports patient comfort and visualization of the skin below
- Softer material and expanded size options, compared to previous Shiley tracheostomy products
To help clinicians manage ventilator-dependent patients, the low-profile, low pressure TaperGuard cuff on the Shiley neonatal and paediatric tracheostomy tubes:
- Reduces fluid leakage by an average of >94.8% at similar or lower intracuff pressure.
- Significantly improves management of airway leak at pressures below 25 cm H2O2
- Reduces removal force by 58.3% compared to the previous barrel-shaped cuff — reducing the potential for stoma irritation or damage during removal.
These products are manufactured with a non-DEHP plasticizer. This new material has been incorporated into the soft, transparent flange that allows for enhanced visualization of the underlying skin and stoma site.