Smiths Medical Portex Acapella Vibratory PEP Therapy System is a Respiratory Therapy used for Breathing Therapy that combines the benefits of PEP therapy and airway vibrates to mobilize pulmonary secretions. Manufactured by Portex, the Acapella Device can be used sitting down, standing or reclined. Another benefit to PEP therapy and a vibratory valve is that it is much easier to tolerate than Chest Physical Therapy (CPT) and takes half the time of a conventional CPT session. Technically speaking, the valve facilitates the opening of airways in patients with lung disease who have secretory problems such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, or Cystic Fibrosis. The vibratory valve comes with instructions as well on how to operate the unit and optimally use it to your benefit.
- Combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to mobilize pulmonary secretions and can be used in virtually any spatial orientation.
- Can accommodate virtually any lung capacity and therefore any patient.
- When in use, the valve makes a percussion sound
- May be used with mask or mouthpiece Nebulizer.
- Allows inhalation and exhalation without removal from mouth.
- Mucus Clearance Device.
- Expiratory resistance dial.
- Incorporates PEP therapy and vibratory valve
- Blue model: <15 LPM for three seconds.
- Patented rocker mechanism.
- 22 mm OD ambient end.
- 22 mm OD patient end.
- Manufacturer: Portex.
There are no reviews yet.