Shiley’s Nasopharyngeal Airway
- The Shiley Nasopharyngeal Airway is a medical device designed to create and maintain an open airway for patients who cannot breathe through their nose or mouth, such as in emergencies, during anesthesia procedures, or when the airway is compromised.
- This device could help in emergencies as well as during the administration of anesthesia.
- Nasopharyngeal Airways are known for their efficiency in controlling the airways of patients.
- They are critical in ensuring adequate oxygenation and ventilation during emergencies or procedures requiring general anesthesia.
- The airway device was designed with ease of use in mind.
- Soft and flexible materials ensure easy and comfortable insertion into the nasal cavity.
- The conical shape gradually tapers towards the distal end, allowing easy insertion.
- In addition, the smooth surface helps to reduce the risk of discomfort or trauma during removal or insertion.
Advantages of the Shiley Nasopharyngeal Airway
Soft and Flexible
- The soft and flexible Nasopharyngeal Aiway is made of soft, flexible material to increase patient comfort during insertion and use.
Airway devices are versatile.
- They are a viable option for a variety of medical situations and scenarios.
- They can be used during emergency resuscitation procedures, procedures requiring general anesthesia, or to bridge upper airway obstructions.
- Shiley’s Np Airway has features that enhance patient safety.
- They typically have flared ends that prevent them from being fully in place, reducing the risk of airway obstruction that is not due to accident or aspiration.
- Airway devices are disposable to minimize cross-contamination among patients.
- Each product is individually wrapped to ensure its sterility until use.
Features of the Nasopharyngeal Shiley Airway
- This airway device has a tapered shape with an expanded base that gradually tapers toward the distal end.
- This Design facilitates insertion.
- This Shiley Np Airway is made of a radiopaque material that allows for easy visualization through X-rays or imaging scans—it helps confirm and track the correct placement and positioning of the airway device.
- Many models of the Nasopharyngeal Airway feature flared ends that prevent full insertion and reduce the risk of occlusion or aspiration.
- The device is usually individually sterile to ensure its sterility until use.
- Some versions of the Nasopharyngeal Shiley Affair have lateral openings along the length of the airway to facilitate fluid flow and ventilation, which aids in effective airway control of patients.
|ORDER CODE||DESCRIPTION||FRENCH SIZE||I.D.||O.D.||UNIT OF MEASURE||QUANTITY|
|8888247015||Shiley Nasopharyngeal Airway||24||6.0 mm||8.1 mm||Case||1|
|8888247023||Shiley Nasopharyngeal Airway||26||6.5 mm||8.6 mm||Case||1|
|8888247031||Shiley Nasopharyngeal Airway||28||7.0 mm||9.3 mm||Case||1|
|8888247049||Shiley Nasopharyngeal Airway||30||7.5 mm||10.0 mm||Case||1|
|8888247056||Shiley Nasopharyngeal Airway||32||8.0 mm||10.6 mm||Case||1|
|8888247064||Shiley Nasopharyngeal Airway||34||8.5 mm||11.3 mm||Case||1|