Covidien-Kendall AMD Antimicrobial Foam Dressings with Top Sheet Box Or Case
Kendall AMD antimicrobial foam dressings have been developed to support your efforts in managing both moisture and bacterial balance while saving money. The dressing is an open cell polyurethane foam dressing and is impregnated with 0.5% Polyhexamethylene Biguanide (PHMB), a highly effective, low toxicity antiseptic. The dressings are effective against gram positive and gram-negative bacteria. They also work against fungi and yeast. Kendall AMD antimicrobial foam dressings are uniquely engineered to simultaneously manage moisture and bacteria thus promoting an ideal, moist wound healing environment. A micro-structured, open-cell surface that absorbs exudate. Vertical wicking action that moves fluid into foam core. A dense core that maximizes retention of exudate.
- Foam dressing impregnated throughout with 0.5% Polyhexamethylene Biguanide HCI (PHMB)
- PHMB is a highly effective, yet low toxicity antiseptic. PHMB is a safe, stable chemical with over 75 years of commercial use in such products as baby wipes, contact lens solutions, and pool cleaners.
- The dressing employs a unique mode of action. The foam absorbs wound fluid; PHMB binds to foam material and kills bacteria
- Effective against prevalent bacteria. Effective against gram + and gram – bacteria including: MSRA, VRE, Pseudomonas, and Acinetobacter baumannii
- Effective up to seven days. Proven effective against repeated contamination for up to seven days
- Cost Effective and costs less than most antimicrobial treatments and silver dressings
- Supports a moist and bactericidal environment
- Have been commonly used for 75 years and have no known resistance
- Individually packaged and sterile
- Fenestrated with top sheet
- 10 AMD foam dressings per box / 5 boxes per case
- Manufacturer: Covidien/Kendall
- Do not use Covidien AMD antimicrobial dressings with Dakin’s Solution cleanser or bleach solutions. These solutions deactivate the PHMB and will cause yellowing of the product.
There are no reviews yet.