Medtronic TY CARE Exel Closed Suction Systems for Adult
- The Medtronic TY-CARE Exel Closed Suction Systems for Adults have been specially designed to provide gross or fine suction during surgical procedures, creating a clean and dry surgical area.
- With a rotating access valve to ensure complete isolation of the suction catheter in a sleeve and transparent suction control valves.
- And ISO-colored caps for immediate measurement of the size of the catheter, these closed suction systems can protect against environmental pathogens.
- As well as limiting exposure for staff to infectious secretions, which makes them a great choice for treating patients of adult age.
- The Medtronic TY CARE Exel Closed Suction Systems for Adults is a reliable choice for healthcare professionals in ensuring a clear and dry surgical field while protecting the patient’s airway during adult surgeries.
Features of the TY CARE Exel Closed Suction Systems for Adult
Rotating patient access valve:
- The TY-CARE exel patient access valve enables the complete isolation of the sleeved suction catheter from the patient’s airway when rotated.
Transparent suction control valve:
- The suction control valve has a transparent body to inspect the secretion fully.
ISO color-coded caps:
- ISO-colored caps allow for instant recognition of the size of a catheter.
Protects patient’s airway
- Helps Protect the Airway of Patients: The TY-CARE Exel closed suction system shields staff and patients from exposure to environmental pathogens by sucking out secretions.
- TY-CARE exel suction catheter can be detached and replaced while maintaining a closed circuit without the need to discard the whole system
Fiberoptic bronchoscopy and mucus sampling in a closed system
- TY-CARE exel maintains system integrity during procedures such as fiberoptic bronchoscopy and mucus sampling with the detachable suction catheter and a sterile self-sealing cap included in the packaging.
- The self-sealing cap accommodates different-sized bronchoscopes (up to 6 mm diameter).
- Tyco closed suction system range also features a more traditional version: TY-CARE. TY-CARE does have most of the TY-CARE exel features except for the rotating patient access valve and detachable catheter.
No leakage, no contamination
- A one-way valve in the irrigation port located on the DSE allows lavage and irrigation without leakage of ventilation and secretions.
Atraumatic Dual Density Suction Catheter
- The TY-CARE suction catheter’s flexible, ultrasoft, and rounded distal tip reduces possible lesions of the tracheal mucosa. At the same time, the firmer proximal portion allows easy manipulation of the suction catheter via the protective sleeve.
Superior rinsing efficiency
- Closed-system suction catheters are designed for multiple use on a single patient.
- The rinsing efficiency of the system is, therefore, of crucial importance.
- The unique geometry of the rinsing chamber enables more effective cleaning of the catheter tip and a higher removal of residual secretions.
- Only with TY-CARE exel is the suction catheter fully isolated from the patient’s airway, and ventilation pressures are unaffected by suctioning vacuum during lavages.
- A catheter with all-around depth markings in centimeters allows easy measurement of proper catheter insertion in the trachea.
***It is important to note that there are other closed suction systems available for adult patients, such as the DAR Closed Suction Devices by Medtronic.***