Unveiling the Power of Finger Tip Pulse Oximeters
- A fingertip pulse oximeter is a tiny device in a clip.
- It can gauge blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate and provide important clinical data on blood oxygen levels without discomfort or inconvenience to the patient.
- Finger-tip Pulse Oximeters have revolutionized how we monitor our health, providing accurate and convenient measurements of oxygen saturation levels and pulse rate.
Purpose and Uses
The primary function of fingertip pulse oximeters is to measure blood oxygen levels. They are used in a variety of applications, such as:
For Medical Facilities:
- Pulse oximeters for medical facilities are commonly used in environments providing urgent healthcare, like hospitals and emergency rooms, and physicians such as pulmonologists may also use the devices in office settings.
- Fingertip pulse oximeters are available for personal use at home and are used to continuously monitor blood oxygen levels, especially if you have medical problems that require constant monitoring of oxygen levels, such as heart problems.
- They allow blood oxygen levels to be monitored throughout the day, especially for people with particular health problems.
How it works
- Pulse oximetry involves delivering tiny beams of light into blood vessels on the finger to determine the oxygen level in the blood.
- The measurement is based on the speed at which the vessels absorb the light and rapid changes to provide immediate information about the effectiveness of oxygen flow in your body.
- Fingertip pulse oximeters are small, handy devices that can be easily carried around.
- And provide noninvasive options for monitoring adults’ arterial haemoglobin oxygen saturation (SpO2) and pulse rate.
- The user-friendly pulse oximeters are designed to be simple and quick, providing rapid results within seconds.
- Accuracy is paramount to ensure the accuracy of monitoring blood oxygen levels. That makes the accuracy of your readings consistent over time.
- Choose a device that has a modern design yet is easy to use, with simple controls that give you quick results in seconds.3
- For a pleasant user experience, choose the display that best suits your needs. OLED displays provide clear and easy-to-read information.
- Some pulse oximeters are equipped with OLED displays.
Pulse Rhythm Analysis
- Fingertip pulse oximeters can analyze pulse rhythms and have alarm functions.
- These may include fingertip pulse oximeters with OLED displays.
- Fingertip oximeters measure SpO2 values between 0% and 100% and pulse rates between 30 and 250 bpm.
- Display Format: Digital tube display
- SpO2 Measuring Range: 0% – 100%
- Pulse Intensity Display
- Pulse Rhythm Analysis & Alert Ready
- Spo2 Transducer: Dual-wavelength LED sensor
- Measuring Range: 35-100%
- Measurement Range: 30 bpm – 240 bpm