Designed for the distinct anatomy of neonate and paediatric airways.
Shiley neonatal and paediatric tracheostomy solutions incorporate a wide range of simple and smart design advances to improve the healthcare experience for both patients and clinicians. Our portfolio offers innovative cuffed and cuffless options, in a variety of sizes, with designs tailored to the needs of neonatal and paediatric patients.
These clinician-inspired solutions include:
- Flange distinction for neonatal or paediatric patients
- A unique paediatric cuff design
- Comfort recess on the bottom of the connector to help reduce inferior stoma irritation
- Transparent soft flange that supports patient comfort and visualization of the skin below
- Softer material and expanded size options, compared to previous Shiley tracheostomy products
To help clinicians manage ventilator-dependent patients, the low-profile, low pressure TaperGuard cuff on the Shiley neonatal and paediatric tracheostomy tubes:
- Reduces fluid leakage by an average of >94.8% at similar or lower intracuff pressure.
- Significantly improves management of airway leak at pressures below 25 cm H2O2
- Reduces removal force by 58.3% compared to the previous barrel-shaped cuff — reducing the potential for stoma irritation or damage during removal.
These products are manufactured with a non-DEHP plasticizer. This new material has been incorporated into the soft, transparent flange that allows for enhanced visualization of the underlying skin and stoma site.
There are no reviews yet.