Hydro-Trach T range Designed for use on tracheostomised patients The Hydro-Trach T is a heat and moisture exchange device designed for use with spontaneously breathing patients in order to reduce loss of heat and moisture during respiration. When a patient has a tracheostomy, the normal system of temperature and moisture maintenance is bypassed by the insertion of the tracheal tube. The possible loss of heat and moisture can lead to serious complications, notably damage to cilia and the mucous glands. This in turn may result in retention of sputum and atelectasis, production of mucous plugs and potential tubal occlusion. The Hydro-Trach T has a number of unique features which make it an ideal product for prolonged use with spontaneously breathing patients
- Clipped suctioning port Allows for easier suctioning without removal of the device.
- Small and lightweight Reduces the pull on the patient connection.
- Clear housing For easy visual inspection for possible secretion build up.
- Anti-occlusion mechanism Allows the HME element to partially dislodge in the event of total occlusion or vigorous cough.
- An integral swivel oxygen connector Allows for connection of the oxygen tube without the need of a separate oxygen adapter, which can be easily folded away when not in use.
Average Fi O2 at variable O2 flow rates
|Oxygen (L/min)||Fi O2 at 15 BPM|
There are no reviews yet.