AQUACEL Foam Dressing: Optimal Wound Healing with Advanced Absorption Technology
- The AQUACEL Foam Dressing is a soft, sterile, and non-adhesive foam dressing infused with Hydrofiber® technology.
- This technology incorporates sodium carboxymethylcellulose fibers that transform into a soft gel when in contact with wound exudate, creating a moist wound environment that enhances wound healing.
- The dressing’s foam pad is highly absorbent and conforms to the wound bed, while its waterproof film backing protects the wound from external contaminants, allowing for showering and bathing without compromising wound integrity.
Features of AQUACEL Foam Dressing
- The dressing’s Hydrofiber® technology facilitates vertical absorption, locking in exudate and reducing the risk of maceration and leakage.
Conformable and Comfortable
- The soft and flexible foam pad comfortably conforms to the wound bed and body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear.
- The dressing absorbs exudate vertically, which helps to minimize the risk of periwound skin maceration and reduces the frequency of dressing changes.
Moist Wound Healing Environment
- The Hydrofiber® technology transforms wound exudate into a gel, creating a moist wound environment that supports natural healing processes.
- The waterproof film backing allows patients to shower or bathe without compromising the dressing’s integrity or the wound’s healing process.
Advantages of AQUACEL Foam Dressing
Enhanced Fluid Management
- The Hydrofiber® technology efficiently manages wound exudate, reducing the risk of maceration and providing a controlled healing environment.
Reduced Dressing Changes
- The dressing’s high absorption capacity and vertical fluid management extend wear time, minimizing the frequency of dressing changes and optimizing nursing time.
Optimal Moisture Balance
- The moist wound environment created by the dressing promotes cell migration, angiogenesis, and granulation, accelerating the healing process.
Decreased Pain and Trauma
- The soft and conformable foam pad minimizes trauma to the wound bed and surrounding skin, enhancing patient comfort and reducing pain during dressing changes.
Frequently Asked Questions about AQUACEL Foam Dressing
1. Can AQUACEL Foam Dressing be used on infected wounds?
Ans – AQUACEL Foam Dressing can be used on infected wounds, but it is not a substitute for infection management. Consult a healthcare professional for appropriate wound treatment.
2. How often should the dressing be changed?
Ans – The dressing should be changed based on the wound’s exudate level and the healthcare provider’s assessment. It is generally recommended to change the dressing every 3 to 7 days or as needed.
3. Is the dressing suitable for use on diabetic ulcers?
Ans – Yes, AQUACEL Foam Dressing is suitable for use on diabetic ulcers, providing an optimal wound healing environment for such wounds.
4. Can the dressing be used on wounds with tunneling or undermining?
Ans – Yes, AQUACEL Foam Dressing is suitable for wounds with tunneling or undermining. The dressing’s conformable foam pad can adapt to various wound shapes.
5. Can AQUACEL Foam Dressing be used on fragile skin?
Ans – Yes, the non-adhesive foam dressing is gentle on the skin and can be used on fragile skin without causing trauma during dressing removal.