Mepore Self Adhesive Dressing
Breathable Mepore is a self-adherent bandage that absorbs blood and exudates. Its water-resistant backing protects and covers the wound from contamination by outside sources. Mepore is an adhesive for skin that offers easy fixation. Easy to apply, it is flexible and easy for the patient to wear.
- Skin-friendly adhesive designed for soft fixation and removal of the dressing
- Comfortable and conformable on the part of patients
- Exudates and absorbs the blood.
- Water-repellent, which protects itself from external pollution
MEPORE STERILE SELF-ADHESIVE DRESSING
The self-adhesive dresser is easy to comfort and longer wear times.
Meporeis the first soft, long-lasting, durable and secure self-adhesive dressing. The Absorption properties make Mepore an ideal dressing for treating mild to moderately swollen injuries such as surgical incisions, minor burns, scratches and abrasions. The layer of protection and rounded edges enhance its ease of application.
- Absorption is good with solvent-free adhesion
- Secure and gentle fixation with rounded corners and a protection layer
- Comfortable and longer wear time
- Fabric that is flexible and adapts well to the body’s contours
How Mepore Self Adhesive Dressing Works
- Its porous construction of Sontara nonwoven fabric provides permeability to water and air. This fabric has a flexible structure, easily conforms to the body’s contours, and allows for body motion while in position.
- This fabric is not absorbent and is a barrier for fluid and blood strike-through.
- The adhesive made of polyacrylate was created to be soft on the skin, and simultaneously it provides a secure fixation.
- The pad of the wound can take in moderate amounts of wound fluids, and the non-adherent contact layer for wounds reduces the chance of adhesion on the area of the wound.
- The simple-to-take-off protection paper allows sterile application while also facilitating dressing applications.
AREAS OF USE
- Mepore is an option to treat many wounds with moderate to low exudate levels.
- It includes minor burns, surgical wounds cut, abrasions, and cuts.
HOW TO USE Mepore Self Adhesive Dressing
- Skin-friendly solvent-free, water-based, solvent-free glue provides secure and gentle fixation, and Two pieces of overlapping protective release paper allow for an aseptic application. It treats low-to moderately bleeding wounds such as surgical cuts cut and scratches. Avoid applying Mepore under tension. It is crucial when placed over joints.
- In the world of wound care, Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing stands out as a reliable and effective solution for wound management. Whether it’s a minor cut, abrasion, or post-surgical incision, Mepore offers a range of benefits that aid in the healing process.
Specifications of Mepore Self Adhesive Dressing:
- Material: Soft and flexible nonwoven fabric with a breathable polyethene film
- Adhesive: Gentle and hypoallergenic, ensuring secure and painless application and removal
- Absorbent Pad: Low-adherent wound pad that prevents sticking to the wound for pain-free dressing changes
- Sizes Available: Mepore comes in various sizes to cater to different wound dimensions
- Sterility: Individually packed in sterile pouches to reduce the risk of infection
- Waterproof: Some variants are designed to be water-resistant, allowing patients to shower without compromising the dressing’s integrity.
- Transparency: Transparent film versions available for easy wound monitoring without dressing removal
Features of Mepore Self Adhesive Dressing:
- Easy Application: Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing is designed for hassle-free application. The adhesive backing ensures a secure fit to the wound site, reducing the risk of contamination and promoting better healing conditions.
- Gentle on Skin: The hypoallergenic adhesive is gentle on the skin, making it suitable for patients with sensitive or delicate skin. It minimizes the chances of skin irritation and discomfort during wear.
- Highly Absorbent: Mepore’s low-adherent wound pad effectively absorbs exudate, blood, or fluid from the wound while preventing it from sticking to the wound bed. This feature accelerates the healing process and reduces the frequency of dressing changes.
- Breathable Design: The nonwoven fabric and polyethene film construction allows air circulation to the wound, promoting a healthy environment for faster healing.
- Waterproof Variants: Certain Mepore dressings are water-resistant, ensuring patients can maintain personal hygiene without compromising the dressing’s effectiveness.
- Versatile Sizes: Available in various sizes, Mepore can accommodate wounds of different dimensions, making it a versatile dressing option.
- Transparent Versions: Transparent Mepore dressings allow healthcare providers to monitor wound healing progress without removing the dressing, thus reducing unnecessary disturbance to the wound.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q1: Can I apply Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing on a deep wound? A: Mepore is recommended for low to moderately exuding wounds. It’s advisable to consult a healthcare professional for appropriate wound care management for deep wounds.
Q2: How often should I change the Mepore dressing? A: The frequency of dressing changes depends on the wound’s severity and exudate levels. As a general guideline, Mepore can be left in place for up to 7 days, depending on the individual’s healing process. However, it’s essential to follow your healthcare provider’s instructions.
Q3: Can I shower while wearing Mepore dressing? A: Using the waterproof variant, you can shower without compromising its integrity while wearing the Mepore dressing. However, it’s essential to avoid direct water pressure on the wound.
Q4: Is Mepore suitable for sensitive skin? A: Yes, Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing is hypoallergenic and gentle on the skin, making it suitable for individuals with sensitive or delicate skin.
- Self-adhesive dressing
- Mepore dressing
- Wound care
- Wound dressing
- Adhesive wound dressing
- Non-stick dressing
- Waterproof wound dressing
- Transparent wound dressing
- Hypoallergenic dressing
- Wound healing
- Dressing change
- Sterile wound care