MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border Flex: Advanced All-in-One Foam Dressing for Contoured Areas
- MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border Flex is a very absorbent, soft foam dressing with Flex technology.
- It was specifically developed to fit snugly over areas with complex contours, such as bony prominences or joint prominences.
- Flex technology allows it to expand and mould to the specific wound site, ensuring it fits securely while minimizing the risks of lifting edges.
- In addition, the Safetac (r) layer provides gentle adhesion against the surrounding skin for pain-free dressing changes.
MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border Flex Offers Many Features
Flex Technology for Contoured Areas
- Its Flex technology allows the dressing to adjust and conform to complicated wound sites to provide an extremely secure fit while minimizing the risks of edge lift.
- The non-adhesive coating can adhere to the skin around it but will not attach directly to the wound bed, thus reducing the trauma and pain during dressing modifications.
- Foam Mepilex Border Flexible’s cushion effectively absorbs and stores exudate to help stop maceration and form a moist and wound-like environment.
Comfortable and Flexible
- Its dressing’s ability to mould to the body’s contours ensures maximum patient comfort while giving the most effective wound contact.
Advantages of MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border Flex
- The Flex technology enables the dressing to be easily adjusted and safely to tight wound sites to provide the best contact surface.
Lower Risk of Edge Lift
- The ability to conform is crucial in reducing the risk of edge lift, increasing wear time, and reducing the need for frequent dressing adjustments.
- Mepilex Border Flex’s Safetac(r) technology provides less trauma when dressing changes are made, making Mepilex Border Flex ideal for application on sensitive or fragile skin.
Creates Moisturized Wound Healing Environment
- The superior absorbency present in Mepilex Border Flex allows it to create an environment that is moist and aid in the natural healing process of wounds.
- Mepilex Border Flex can help treat all kinds of exuding wounds, including pressure ulcers, surgical incisions, and trauma wounds in complex body regions.
When to use Mepilex Border Flex?
- You can use Mepilex Border Flex for a wide range of exuding wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg and foot ulcers, and traumatic wounds such as skin tears and surgical wounds.
- Plus, it can be used on dry and or necrotic wounds in combination with gels.
- Available in 15 x 15cm and 15 x 20cm
- In vitro studies
1. Are there any alternatives to MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border Flex to be used to treat joint injuries?
Ans – Yes. Mepilex Border Flex was explicitly created to fit forms like communal wounds with a secure fit for the best contact with the damage and contact points.
2. How often do you need to change the dressing?
Ans – It depends on the exudate level and the healthcare provider’s evaluation. However, changing the dressing every 3-7 days or whenever needed is recommended.
3. Is MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border Flex Suitable for Use on Bony Prominences?
Ans – Yes. Because of the Flex technique, Mepilex Border Flex conforms well around bony prominences to ensure an ideal fit and decrease the risk of lifting edges.
4. Can Mepilex Border Flex be used on skin that is sensitive?
Ans – Yes. Because Safetac technology provides gentle adherence, Mepilex Border Flex can be used safely on sensitive skin without causing any irritation or trauma.
5. Is Mepilex Border Flex cost-effective?
Ans – Mepilex Borderflex’s superior conformability and wear time are significant factors in its efficiency in terms of cost by reducing the frequency of dressing changes while increasing the utilization of resources.