Smith & Nephew ALLEVYN Heel (Non-Adhesive) is the ultimate solution for wound care.
Smith and Nephew’s Allevayn Heel (Non-Adhesive)! If you’re a healthcare professional, caregiver, or looking for advanced wound treatment, ALLEVYN Heel is the ideal solution. Let’s find out why ALLEVYN is different in the market and what it does to assist either you or patients to achieve the most effective results in healing wounds.
The Specifications for Allevyn Heel Smith Nephew who Dresses:
- Product Name: Smith & Nephew ALLEVYN Heel (Non-Adhesive)
- Size Available in various sizes to accommodate different dimensions of wounds
- Materials: Soft and comfortable foam dressing and hydro-cellular structure
- Form: Explicitly designed to fit the heel, ensuring an ideal shape and coverage
- BACKING: Waterproof outer layer that guards against external contamination
- Absorption Capacity Absorption Capacity: High absorption capacity to efficiently manage exudate
- Change Time: Generally advised to change every 3-7 days, based on the state of the wound
- The indications are: It is suitable for mild to moderately swollen wounds, such as leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers and more.
The features in Allevyn Heel by Smith & Nephew:
- The best Heel fit: The Smith & Nephew ALLEVYN Heel is constructed with a contoured form perfectly shaped to the anatomy of the heel. It provides the most secure and comfortable fitting, eliminating the possibility of a dressing slipping during movement.
- Hydrocellular Technology: This sophisticated hydrocellular foam dressing sucks up and holds in exudate that is not needed while creating an environment that is moist and supportive of the natural healing process. It prevents bleeding from getting dry, decreasing the chance of developing scabs and aiding in faster tissue growth.
- Waterproof Outer Layer: Its outermost layer, Smith & Nephew ALLEVYN Heel, is waterproof, creating protection against external contaminants like bacteria and water. This feature lets patients shower or bathe with no compromise to the security of their wounds.
- Non-Adhesive Design: The design of the Smith & Nephew ALLEVYN Heel isn’t adhesive, meaning it bonds tightly to the skin around the wound but does not stick to the bed of the injury. It helps reduce the trauma caused by dressing changes, which can make the patient have a pleasant experience.
- Superior Conformability High Conformability: flexibility and softness of the ALLEVYN Heel allow it to adapt to the wound’s shape, which helps distribute pressure and improves the patient’s comfort.
- Bacterial Barrier Layer The bandage contains a bacteriostatic ingredient that reduces the chance of infection by stopping the development of bacteria inside the bed of wounds.
From the beginning, the Smith & Nephew ALLEVYN Heel of dressings was designed to respond to the human body. ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive was the first ALLEVYN variant. Launched in 1987, it combined patient comfort with the revolutionary triple layer fluid management system that helps to maintain a moist wound environment.
Smith & Nephew ALLEVYN Heel has withstood the test of time and continues to be an essential for patients and clinicians all over the world.
- Unique triple action technology effectively manages fluid to create a moist wound environment
- Highly breathable top film may help to minimize the risk of maceration to the wound and periwound
- Non-adherent wound contact layer means the dressing is suitable for use on fragile skin such as in patients with Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Soft and comfortable for the patient and conformable to challenging body areas
- The “cup” design of the ALLEVYN Heel Dressing was designed to conform to these awkward areas like heels and elbows
- Easy to apply and remove
- The backing film provides an effective barrier function to exogenous bacteria as well as helps to prevent fluid strikethrough and assists in preventing bacterial strikethrough
- Wide range of sizes that can be cut to suit different body contours
- Suitable for use under compression bandaging
- ALLEVYN Heel can contribute to a pressure relieving protocol when used prophylactically
ALLEVYN Non-Adhesive Dressings are intended for use on:
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full- and partial-thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Fungating ulcers
- Oncological Wounds
- Epidermolysis Bullosa wounds
FAQs (Frequently asked questions) about Smith and Nephew Allevyn Heel:
What is the frequency at which I should change my Smith and Nephew’s Allevyn Heel Wound Dressing?
- ALLEVYN Heel is generally recommended to be replaced every 3-7 days, based upon the quantity of exudate present and the wound’s state. Always follow the doctor’s guidelines for the most successful results.
Do I have to take a shower or bath while wearing the ALLEVYN Heel?
- Yes, you can. ALLEVYN Heel has a waterproof outer layer, which protects the wound from contamination by external elements and allows patients to bathe or shower while keeping the dressing on.
Does Smith & Nephew ALLEVYN Heel use to treat diabetes-related toe wounds?
- ALLEVYN Heel can be ideal for diabetic foot ulcers and other superficial to moderately leaking wounds. However, seeking a medical professional for a wound assessment and treatment program is essential.
How can I find out whether Smith & Nephew ALLEVYN Heel are appropriate for my injury?
- ALLEVYN Heel is ideal for injuries that occur on the heel, like leg ulcers, pressure ulcers or diabetic foot ulcers. But, the specific characteristics of each wound could differ, and it’s important to talk with an expert in healthcare for specific treatment recommendations for damages.