3m tegaderm silicone foam border dressing
- Long wear time – Significantly longer wear time than the leading competitive silicone foam dressing while being gentle to the skin, which may help save time and money on unscheduled dressing changes
- Conformable – Highly conformable and features a thin, low-profile edge, helping to minimize the rolling and lifting that can impact adhesion and wear time
- Helps maintain a moist wound environment to support healing – Unique multi-layer design that absorbs and evaporates moisture to help reduce the potential for skin maceration
- Easy to apply – Patented spoke delivery system enables easy application in challenging locations like the sacrum, for a more positive clinician experience
- Provides a water-resistant seal while dressing is intact
- Spoke delivery provides easy application
- Dressing does not stick to wound bed thereby minimizing disruption of healing tissue
- Film backing prevents strikethrough and protects against external bacteria and viruses
- Wound management
- Pressure ulcer/injury prevention
- Tube/device cushioning or under compression
|Condition||Dressing and Device Securement, Pressure Ulcer, Wound Care|
|Dressing and Device Securement Condition Type||Wounds|
|Dressing Type||Foam Dressing, Silicone foam border dressing|
|Overall Length (Imperial)||2 in, 3 in, 4 in, 6 in, 6.75 in, 8.74 in|
|Overall Length (Metric)||10 cm, 10.16 cm, 15 cm, 15.24 cm, 17.145 cm, 22.225 cm, 5.08 cm, 7.62 cm|
|Overall Width (Imperial)||2 in, 3 in, 4 in, 4.25 in, 6 in, 8.66 in|
|Overall Width (Metric)||10.16 cm, 11 cm, 15 cm, 15.24 cm, 22 cm, 5.08 cm, 7.62 cm|
|Pack Quantity||10 each per box 6 boxes per case, 10 each per box 4 boxes per case, 10 each per box 6 boxes per case, 5 each per box 4 boxes per case|
|Product Type||Foam Dressing|
|Size||2x2in, 5x5cm, 3x3in, 7.5×7.5cm, 4×4.25in, 10×10.6cm, 4x4in, 10x10cm, 6×6.75in, 15x17cm, 6x6in, 15x15cm, 7.25×8.75in, 18.5x22cm|
|Therapeutic Area and Conditions||Arterial ulcer, Donor Sites, Pressure Ulcers, Superficial Partial Thickness Burns, Surgical Wounds, Venous Leg Ulcer|
|Units per Pack||10, 5|
|Wound Care Condition Type||Venous Leg Ulcer|
SiliconeFoam is an extremely absorptive self-adherent silicone foam dressing made up of an elastomeric silicone contact layer and a flexible polyurethane foam pad and a vapour permeable, water-resistant outer film. The adhesive is bonded to the skin surrounding it, but not any wound beds, which reduces discomfort and the possibility of injury to the area where the wound is. It is comfortable and pliable. It can be cut to suit.
- It is soft to skin and wound beds to ensure safe, simple removal
- Absorbs exudate and reduces the chance of maceration
- Helps heal wounds that are moist.
- Protects against heat loss and provides thermal insulation
- Flexible and comfortable
- Wear it for a number of days, based on the condition of the wound and levels of exudate.
- Cut to make it fit the wound
To treat complete and partial-thickness wounds such as:
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Traumatic injuries
1.What are silicone foam dressings used for?
Ans – Tegaderm Silicone Foam Dressing is designed for management of low‐ to highly‐exuding partial and full thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, venous leg ulcers, neuropathic ulcers, arterial ulcers, skin tears, surgical wounds, superficial partial thickness burns and donor sites.
2.How long can a silicone dressing be left in place?
Ans – The 3M Tegaderm Silicone Foam Border Dressing may remain in place up to seven days. Frequency of changes is determined by the type of wound and volume of excess fluid per your health care provider. To remove, carefully lift the dressing edge from skin.
3.When should foam dressings be used?
Ans – Foam dressings may be used as primary and secondary dressings for partial- and full-thickness wounds with minimal, moderate, or heavy drainage; as primary dressings to provide absorption and insulation; or as secondary dressings for wounds with packing.
There are no reviews yet.