Lyofoam Max T: Superior Absorbent Dressing for Enhanced Wound Healing
- Lyofoam Max T is a soft and conformable foam dressing made from a polyurethane foam material. Its non-adhesive nature allows for secure fixation with a secondary dressing or medical tape.
- The dressing’s unique construction ensures minimal disruption to the wound bed during dressing changes, reducing patient discomfort.
- It is highly absorbent and effectively manages moderate to heavy exudate, while maintaining a moist wound environment to support optimal healing conditions.
Advantages of Lyofoam Max T
Effective Exudate Management
- Lyofoam Max T’s high absorbency ensures effective exudate management, reducing the risk of maceration and promoting a clean wound bed.
Minimized Dressing Changes
- The dressing’s absorbent capacity allows for extended wear time, minimizing the frequency of dressing changes and optimizing nursing time.
Reduced Trauma during Dressing Changes
- The non-adhesive design ensures minimal disruption to the wound bed and surrounding skin during dressing changes, reducing patient discomfort.
Conducive to Natural Healing
- Lyofoam Max-T maintains a moist wound environment that supports the body’s natural healing mechanisms, accelerating the wound healing process.
Features of Lyofoam Max T Dressing
- Polyurethane Foam: The dressing is made from a soft and absorbent polyurethane foam that effectively manages wound exudate.
- Non-Adhesive Design: The non-adhesive nature of Lyofoam Max T allows for secure fixation with a secondary dressing or medical tape, minimizing trauma during dressing changes.
- Conformable and Comfortable: The dressing is designed to conform to the wound bed and body contours, ensuring patient comfort during wear.
- Moist Wound Healing Environment: Lyofoam Max T maintains a moist wound environment, supporting cell proliferation and the natural healing process.
- High Absorbency: The dressing’s high absorbency capacity enables effective management of moderate to heavy exudate.
- High absorbency and fluid retention capacity
- Protects and cushions the skin around the tracheostomy tubes
- Soft and conformable, providing comfort to patients
1. Can Lyofoam Max-T be used on infected wounds?
Ans – Lyofoam Max-T is not indicated for infected wounds. In the presence of infection, appropriate wound management and treatment should be sought.
2. How often should the dressing be changed?
Ans – The dressing should be changed based on the wound’s exudate level and the healthcare provider’s assessment. It is generally recommended to change the dressing every 1 to 3 days or as needed.
3. Can Lyofoam Max-T be used for leg ulcers?
Ans – Yes, Lyofoam Max-T is suitable for use on leg ulcers, providing effective exudate management and promoting wound healing.
4. Is it necessary to secure Lyofoam Max-T with a secondary dressing or tape?
Ans – Yes, Lyofoam Max-T should be secured with a secondary dressing or medical tape to ensure proper fixation and prevent movement during wear.
5. Can the dressing be used on sensitive skin?
Ans – Lyofoam Max-T is designed to be gentle on the skin and can be used on sensitive skin without causing trauma or irritation.