Mepilex Ag is our versatile antimicrobial foam dressing – for when you need an antimicrobial action to reduce bioburden in the wound. It’s designed for low to medium exuding burns and wounds. So, you can use it to treat leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and partial thickness burns.
This silver foam dressing can inactivate wound relevant pathogens (bacteria and fungi) within 30 minutes. An international consensus has concluded that an antimicrobial action is indicated to help reduce bioburden in infected wounds. And acts as an antimicrobial barrier in wounds at high risk of infection or re-infection.
- Less painful dressing changes
- Rapid and sustained antimicrobial activity
- Clinically proven in comparative studies to improve healing time in partial thickness burn patients
- Clinically proven to reduce cost in partial thickness burn patient
- Clinically proven to reduce pain and anxiety in partial thickness burn patients
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver
- Do not use Mepilex Ag during radiation treatment or
- examinations e.g., X-ray, ultrasound, diathermy or Magnetic
- Resonance Imaging
- Do not use Mepilex Ag together with oxidising agents such as
- hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide.
Areas of use:
Mepilex Ag is designed for the management of low to moderately exuding wounds such as:
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Partial thickness burns.
Mepilex Ag may be used on infected wounds as part of a treatment regimen under supervision of a qualified healthcare professional. Mepilex Ag can also be used under compression bandaging.
There are no reviews yet.