MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Ag: Advanced Silver Foam Dressing for Optimal Wound Healing
- MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Ag is a soft, flexible foam dressing infused with silver sulfate particles.
- The dressing’s silver technology helps to reduce bacterial load and prevent infection in the wound bed, making it particularly beneficial for wounds at risk of microbial colonization.
- Its five-layer design ensures excellent fluid handling capacity, absorbing and retaining exudate while maintaining a moist wound environment conducive to healing.
- The self-adhesive border allows for easy and secure application, reducing the risk of leakage and minimizing patient discomfort during wear.
Advantages of MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Ag
- The silver technology in MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Ag helps reduce bacterial load, making it particularly beneficial for infected wounds or wounds at risk of infection.
Minimized Trauma during Dressing Changes
- The Safetac® technology ensures gentle adherence to the skin, minimizing trauma and pain during dressing changes.
Moist Wound Environment
- The dressing’s ability to handle exudate and maintain a moist wound environment supports natural wound healing processes.
Easy Application and Removal
- The self-adhesive border allows for easy and secure application, simplifying the dressing process for healthcare professionals.
Features of MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Ag
- Silver Technology: The dressing contains silver sulfate particles that provide antimicrobial action, reducing bacterial colonization and promoting a cleaner wound bed.
- Gentle and Conformable: Mepilex Ag’s soft and conformable foam pad comfortably adapts to the wound bed and body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear.
- Effective Exudate Management: The five-layer design ensures high fluid handling capacity, effectively absorbing and retaining exudate to maintain a moist wound environment.
- Self-Adhesive Border: The dressing’s self-adhesive border allows for easy and secure application, reducing the need for additional fixation and minimizing the risk of leakage.
- Safetac® Technology: The dressing features Safetac® technology, ensuring gentle adherence to the surrounding skin and minimizing the risk of skin damage during removal.
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver
- Do not use Mepilex Ag during radiation treatment or
- examinations e.g., X-ray, ultrasound, diathermy or Magnetic
- Resonance Imaging
- Do not use Mepilex Ag together with oxidising agents such as
- hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide.
Areas of use:
Mepilex Ag is designed for the management of low to moderately exuding wounds such as:
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Partial thickness burns.
Mepilex Ag may be used on infected wounds as part of a treatment regimen under supervision of a qualified healthcare professional. Mepilex Ag can also be used under compression bandaging.
- Less painful dressing changes
- Rapid and sustained antimicrobial activity
- Clinically proven in comparative studies to improve healing time in partial thickness burn patients
- Clinically proven to reduce cost in partial thickness burn patient
- Clinically proven to reduce pain and anxiety in partial thickness burn patients
Frequently Asked Questions about MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Ag
1. Can Mepilex Ag be used on deep wounds?
Mepilex Ag is not indicated for use on deep wounds with cavities. Healthcare professionals should assess the wound’s depth and consult care specialists for appropriate management.
2. Is Mepilex Ag suitable for use on diabetic foot ulcers?
Yes, Mepilex Ag can be used on diabetic foot ulcers, providing an effective antimicrobial barrier to support wound healing.
3. How often should the dressing be changed?
The dressing’s wear time depends on the wound’s exudate level and the healthcare provider’s assessment. Changing the dressing every 3 to 7 days or as needed is generally recommended.
4. Can Mepilex Ag be used on sensitive skin?
Yes, Mepilex Ag’s Safetac® technology ensures gentle adherence, making it suitable for use on sensitive skin without causing trauma or irritation.
5. Is Mepilex Ag cost-effective?
Mepilex Ag’s high fluid handling capacity and extended wear time contribute to cost-effectiveness by reducing the frequency of dressing changes.