MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border Foam Dressing Provides Optimized Wound Healing
- MOLNLYCKE Mepilex border is an absorbent foam dressing with an integrated self-adhesive edge designed to be easy to use by medical personnel and patients.
- With Safetac(r), the dressing is gentle on the skin but does not adhere to wound beds, reducing the risk when dressing changes are made and reducing the risk of causing skin damage when changing.
- Mepilex Border effectively manages moderate to high exudate levels to create a healthy environment that encourages natural healing. Its integrated design makes dressing applications simple and easy for medical personnel and patients.
Advantages of MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border
- Gentle Adherence: The Mepilex Border’s Safetac(r) technology helps minimize the chance of injury when dressing changes are made, making Mepilex Border an excellent solution for fragile or sensitive skin.
- Lower Pain and Discomfort: The dressing’s smooth adhesion and soft foam can ease any discomfort when applied or removed and reduce pain dramatically.
- Effective Exudate Management: Mepilex Border’s high absorption provides efficient exudate management that can manage moderate to high exudate levels and maintain a clean wound bed while minimizing the chance of maceration.
- Reduced Frequency of Dressing Changes: Absorbent capacity and prolonged wear time can reduce dressing changes, saving nurses time and money.
Features of the MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border
- Safetac(r) Technology: Its Safetac(r) layer provides gentle adhesion to the skin aiding in reducing trauma and pain when dressing changes are made.
- Highly Absorbent Foam: Mepilex Border’s foam pad absorbs and holds moderate to large amounts of exudate, reducing the risk of maceration and creating a clean wound.
- Self-Adhesive Border: The dressing’s self-adhesive border simplifies the application process as it ensures a snug fit and removes the need for further fixation.
- Conformable and Comfortable: Mepilex Border has been specifically designed to fit the body contours, ensuring maximum comfort to the wearer and the best wound contact.
- Moist Wound Healing Environment: The dressing’s absorption and retention capabilities make for a moist wound-healing environment, which aids the body’s natural healing process.
Indications and Contraindications for Foam Dressing Use
Foam dressings are great for wounds that exude in a minimal or a large amount. They are generally intended for partial- as well as full-thickness injuries. Wounds that are benefited by the use of foam dressings are:
- leg ulcers
- surgical wounds
- skin grafts
- minor burns
- Infected wounds
- Draining peristomal wounds
- injuries or pressure ulcers (stages between 2 and 4)
- wounds that require negative pressure therapy (NPWT)
- The gastrostomy tube and tracheotomy tubes
- wounds and cavities
- Dressings with Safetac minimise pain and damage at dressing changes
- Versatile all-in-one dressing for a wide range of chronic and acute wound
- Absorbs and retains high amounts of exudate while maintaining a moist wound environment
1.What is the MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border dressing used for?
Ans- The dressing is designed for a wide range of wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg and foot ulcers and traumatic wounds. Mepilex Border is also clinically proven to help prevent pressure ulcers when used in conjunction with standard pressure ulcer prevention measures
2.What type of dressing is MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border dressing?
Ans- Mepilex Border is a versatile five-layer all-in-one bordered foam dressing available in a large range of shapes and sizes.
3.How often should a MOLNLYCKE Mepilex Border dressing be changed?
Ans- Mepilex Border Flex may be left in place up to 7 days, depending on the condition of the wound and surrounding skin, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice. Learn more about the dressing by visiting the product page.
4. Are there any restrictions? Can Mepilex Border be used on delicate or sensitive skin?
Ans – Yes. The Safetac(r) technique assures a soft adhesion with no irritation or trauma for delicate or sensitive skin.
5. Are Mepilex Border cost-effective?
Ans – Mepilex Border’s absorbency is high, and its longer wear time makes it economical by reducing changing the dressing frequency while optimizing the use of resources.