A hydrogel wound dressing to promote autolytic debridement. The INTRASITE◊ GEL Dressing allows the hydrogel to rehydrate necrotic tissue. INTRASITE GEL Dressing is a clear hydrogel designed to encourage debridement through autolysis by rehydrating necrotic tissue. INTRASITE GEL Dressing adds moisture to necrotic tissue, which then stimulates natural enzymes to break down dead tissue.
Features and Benefits:
- Moist wound healing: INTRASITE GEL Dressing promotes wound healing by creating a moist wound environment. The moist wound healing environment created by INTRASITE GEL facilitates re-epithelialisation, allowing granulation tissue to form, and fast wound healing.
- Promotes autolytic debridement: INTRASITE GEL Dressing provides a gentle and effective debriding and desloughing action. INTRASITE Hydrogel Wound Dressing promotes autolytic debridement by re-hydrating necrotic tissue, absorbing slough and excess exudate.
- Bacteriostic properties: INTRASITE GEL Dressing has bacteriostatic properties which may help to protect the wound against external contamination and the risk of infection.
- Patient comfort: INTRASITE GEL is comfortable for patients which helps to minimise pain.
- Cooling effect: INTRASITE GEL is soothing on application and during use, which may help to minimise pain for patients.
INTRASITE GEL Dressing is indicated for the removal of non-viable tissue from shallow, undermined, and deep wounds:
- Leg ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- Also, for the treatment of granulating cavity wounds, excoriated skin and radiation burns.
- Pressure sores
- Fungating ulcers