Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Apex Medical Sedens 500- Portable Pressure Seat Cushion with Pump for lower back and buttock pain relief – Fits office chair, wheelchair and driver’s seat. Battery operated (17″ 17″ x 17″).
- Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion: For those that require constant pressure relief, getting out into the world for extended periods can be difficult, as dynamic wheelchair pressure relief systems are often cumbersome with short usage times away from mains power.
- The Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion is designed to solve this problem, providing dynamic alternating relief powered by a compact lithium battery that offers up-to 12-hour pressure relief.
- It features an alternating one-in-two cell cycle to provide superior sacral relief, and this cushion can provide users at high risk of pressure sores with the freedom to go about their daily life comfortably.
Advantages of Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Freedom and Pressure Relief:
- Since this system can provide 12 hours of dynamic pressure relief on a single charge, users can experience top-quality relief wherever they are.
- This capability makes the Sedens 500 a powerful tool for wheelchair users, allowing them to get on with their day without worrying about vulnerability to pressure sore development.
Alternating Air Therapy:
- The four alternating air cells in the Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion operate with a one-in-two cell cycle, providing optimal pressure relief for the vulnerable sacral area.
- Cycle times are adjustable to 10, 15 or 20 minutes to ensure users can optimize their care for their personal needs.
- The cushion also includes a static function, allowing the cushion to be used with minimal drain on battery life.
Compact and Lightweight Pump:
- To ensure easy storage on any wheelchair, this system’s Pump is made to be as lightweight and compact as possible.
- That means that it will fit onto the back of the user’s wheelchair without disruption to movement or comfort, making pressure relief more accessible than it’s ever been before.
Protective Cover Included:
- This cushion is supplied with a protective nylon PU cover made with two-way stretch material to reduce friction and shear forces.
- The cover has a non-slip base to ensure stability and includes a removable top and bottom section for easy cleaning and infection control.
Features of Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
- Powered by a compact lithium-ion battery with up to 12 hours of battery life
- The Pump is compact and lightweight to fit on most wheelchairs easily
- Includes an integral foam insert to support the thigh area
- Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion suitable for high-risk users
- It helps to provide freedom of movement to those who require pressure relief
- Designed to be suitable for use with most types of wheelchair
- Dynamic air cells alternate in a one-in-two cycle for active relief
- Provides excellent support and relief for the sacral area
- Supplied with a two-way stretch cover with a non-slip base
- Alarms to alert of low pressure and low battery status
- Adjustable cycle time length to provide optimized care for each user
- It can be used either wirelessly or while plugged into mains
- Easy to use with an intuitive weight setting function
- It offers a static mode for use with minimal battery power
- Battery Operated Pump: Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion is rechargeable powerful battery provides up to 12 hours of operation to make your travel easy & comfortable, all day covered. The compact Pump with a carry bag lets you take it everywhere you need, with peace of mind.
- Dual Therapy & Customizable Firmness: System can operate in 2 modes to fulfil individual needs. Alternating mode for pressure redistribution and static mode for general use. Variable pressure setting based on your weight and personal preference.
- Safety and Maximum Comfort: Visual & audible alarms of low pressure and low battery increase safety. 4-way stretch cover is fluid resistant, has low shear force, and is vapour permeable to protect skin from friction and moisture. Weight Capacity: 260 lbs. Dimension: 17″(L)x17″(W)x4″(H)
- “Apex Guarantee” 1-year warranty on Pump and cushion.
- Pressure relief for wheelchairs powered by batteries cushion for those with a high risk of injury.
- Features dynamic air cells that alternate to provide pressure relief.
- One in-two cell cycle provides excellent relief to the sacral area.
- Up for 12 hours of battery time to allow freedom and mobility.
FAQs Related to Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Who Can Benefit from the Sedens 500 Cushion?
With a one-in-two cell alternating air cycle that provides excellent sacral region relief, this cushion is ideal for wheelchair users at high risk of pressure sores. It goes beyond the relief provided by most foam pressure relief cushions, finally allowing wheelchair users to take top-quality pressure care with them on the go.
Can I Use the Cushion While Plugged In?
Yes, the cushion can be used and fully operational while plugged in. That allows you to use the Sedens 500 while charging to ensure no gaps in seated pressure relief.
Which Wheelchairs Can the Cushion Be Used With?
The Apex Sedens Cushion can be used with virtually any wheelchair. It includes those with fabric or canvas seat bases and those with firm or solid seat bases. It can also be used with self-propelled, manual, electric and transit wheelchairs.
Can The Sedens Cushion Be Used with Recliner Chairs?
Yes, this cushion is highly versatile thanks to its non-slip base, allowing it to be used with various chairs, including rise recliners.
How Loud Is the Apex Sedens 500 When Inflating?
The Apex Sedens 500 has a top volume of 30 decibels when inflating. Because decibel readings are taken from a position extremely close to the cushion, the proper volume level you will hear during inflation resembles a quiet and consistent “humming” sound.
What If My Cushion Starts to Deflate?
If your cushion starts to deflate unexpectedly, an alarm will alert you. This feature prevents accidental loss of pressure, allowing you to attend to any issues and keeping you safe, secure and in position no matter what.
What’s Included in Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion?
- 1 x Wheelchair cushion
- 1 x Wheelchair cushion cover
- 1 x Battery-powered pump
- 1 x Pump charging cable
- 1 x Pump carry bag
- 1 x User manual
- Cushion Dimensions (WxLxD): 43 x 43 x 10cm
- Maximum user weight: 120kg
- Cell height: 6cm
- Cushion weight 1.11kg
- Flame retardancy: EN597 – 1 and EN597 – 2
- Pump dimensions (WxLxD): 25 x 12.5 x 5.7cm
- Pump weight: 0.96kg
- Power supply: DC 12V, 12.5A by adaptor, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Cycle time: 10, 15 or 20 minutes