Apex Medical Sedens 500- Alternating Pressure Seat Cushion with Portable Pump – Lower Back & Butt Pain Relief- Fits Wheelchair, Office Chair, Driver Seat – Battery Embedded (17″ x 17″).
- [Pressure & Pain Relief from Prolonged Sitting]: Sedens 500 is your essential solution for pain relief caused by prolonged sitting on wheelchair, mobility aids, office chair, car & truck driver seat. Alternating air cells redistribute weight, providing maximum comfort while reducing pressure on the coccyx / tailbone.
- [Battery Operated Pump] Rechargeable powerful battery provides up to 12 hours operation to make your travel easy & comfortable, all day covered. The compact size pump with carry bag allows you to take it everywhere you need, with peace of mind.
- [Dual Therapy & Customizable Firmness] System can operate in 2 modes to fulfill individual needs. Alternating mode for pressure redistribution and static mode for general use. Variable pressure setting based on your weight and personal preference.
- [Safety and Maximum Comfort] Visual & audible alarm of low pressure and low battery increase safety. 4-way stretch cover is fluid resistant, low shear force, vapor permeable to protect skin from friction and moisture. Weight Capacity: 260 lbs. Dimension: 17″(L)x17″(W)x4″(H)
- [Apex Medical Guarantee] 1 year guarantee on cushion and pump.
- Battery-powered wheelchair pressure relief cushion for high risk users.
- Features dynamic air cells that alternate to provide pressure relief.
- One in two cell cycle provides excellent relief to the sacral area.
- Up to 12 hours of battery life to provide mobility and freedom.
Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion: For those that require constant pressure relief, getting out into the world for extended periods can be difficult, as dynamic wheelchair pressure relief systems are often cumbersome with short usage times away from mains power. The Apex Sedens 500 Pressure Relief Alternating Air Wheelchair Cushion is designed to solve this problem, providing dynamic alternating relief powered by a compact lithium battery that provides up to 12 hours of pressure relief. Featuring an alternating one-in-two cell cycle for excellent sacral relief, this cushion can provide users at high risk of pressure sores with the freedom to go about their daily life in comfort.
- 1 x Wheelchair cushion
- 1 x Wheelchair cushion cover
- 1 x Battery-powered pump
- 1 x Pump charging cable
- 1 x Pump carry bag
- 1 x User manual
Who Can Benefit from the Sedens 500 Cushion?
With a one-in-two cell alternating air cycle that provides excellent sacral region relief, this cushion is ideal for wheelchair users at high risk of pressure sores. This goes beyond the relief provided by most foam pressure relief cushions, finally allowing wheelchair users to take top-quality pressure care with them on the go.
Freedom and Pressure Relief: Since this system can provide 12 hours of dynamic pressure relief on a single charge, users will be able to experience top quality relief wherever they are. This capability makes the Sedens 500 a powerful tool for wheelchair users, allowing them to get on with their day without worrying about vulnerability to pressure sore development.
- Alternating pressure relief cushion suitable for high risk users
- Powered by a compact lithium-ion battery with up to 12 hours of battery life
- Pump is compact and lightweight to easily fit on most wheelchairs
- Includes an integral foam insert to support the thigh area
- Helps to provide freedom of movement to those who require pressure relief
- Designed to be suitable for use with most types of wheelchair
- Dynamic air cells alternate in a one-in-two cycle for active relief
- Provides excellent support and relief for the sacral area
- Supplied with a two-way stretch cover with a non-slip base
- Alarms to alert of low pressure and low battery status
- Adjustable cycle time length to provide optimised care for each user
- Can be used either wirelessly or while plugged in to mains
- Easy to use with an intuitive weight setting function
- Offers a static mode for use with minimal battery power
Alternating Air Therapy: The four alternating air cells in the Sedens 500 Cushion operate with a one-in-two cell cycle, providing optimal pressure relief for the vulnerable sacral area. Cycle times are adjustable to 10, 15 or 20 minutes to ensure each user can optimise their care to their personal needs. The cushion also includes a static function, allowing the cushion to be used with minimal drain on battery life.
Can I Used the Cushion While Plugged In?Yes, the cushion can be used and will be fully operational while plugged in. This allows you to use the Sedens 500 while charging to ensure there are no gaps in seated pressure relief.
Protective Cover Included:This cushion is supplied with a protective nylon PU cover, made with two-way stretch material for reduction of friction and shear forces. The cover is made with a non-slip base to ensure stability, and includes a removable top and bottom section for easy cleaning and infection control.
Which Wheelchairs Can the Cushion Be Used With?The Apex Sedens Cushion can be used with virtually any wheelchair. This includes those with fabric or canvas seat bases, as well as those with a firm or solid seat base. It can also be used with self-propelled, manual, electric and transit wheelchairs.
Can The Sedens Cushion Be Used with Recliner Chairs?Yes, this cushion is highly versatile thanks to its non-slip base, allowing it be used with a wide variety of chairs including rise recliners.
How Loud Is the Apex Sedens 500 When Inflating?When inflating, the Apex Sedens 500 has a top volume of 30 decibels. Because decibel readings are taken from a position extremely close to the cushion, the true volume level you will hear during inflation resembles a quiet and consistent “humming” sound.
What If My Cushion Starts to Deflate?In the event that your cushion starts to deflate unexpectedly, an alarm will sound to alert you. This feature prevents accidental loss of pressure, allowing you to attend to any issues and keeping you safe, secure and in position no matter what.
- Cushion Dimensions (WxLxD): 43 x 43 x 10cm
- Maximum user weight: 120kg
- Cell height: 6cm
- Cushion weight 1.11kg
- Flame retardancy: EN597 – 1 and EN597 – 2
- Pump dimensions (WxLxD): 25 x 12.5 x 5.7cm
- Pump weight: 0.96kg
- Power supply: DC 12V, 12.5A by adaptor, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Cycle time: 10, 15 or 20 minutes
There are no reviews yet.