Philips Respironics Cough Assist T70
- The Respironics Cough Assist T70 is an innovative medical device that assists individuals with cough-related issues caused by neurological, muscular, and respiratory conditions.
- The T70 helps mobilize mucus from airways for easier expulsion from your system by providing targeted support through positive pressure and airflow oscillation technology.
- The Philips Cough Assist E70 is an innovative device created to assist individuals in managing cough-related issues and providing respiratory support.
- Utilizing mechanical insufflation-insufflation (MI-E) technology, this device creates an effective cough by providing positive pressure during inhalation and switching quickly between positive and negative pressure for exhalation, creating a cough-like effect to remove mucus from airways.
- Its innovative capabilities increase cough effectiveness while facilitating secretion clearance, thus contributing towards reduced respiratory complications while raising the standard of living for those who suffer from coughing issues.
How Does Philips Cough Assist E70 Work?
- The T70 operates on the principle of Mechanical Insufflation-Exsufflation (MI-E). During inhalation, it provides positive pressure, promoting lung expansion.
- It then quickly transitions to negative pressure during the exhalation stage, creating a high-velocity flow that creates cough-like effects, which help clear mucus from airways while improving airway hygiene.
Advantages of Utilizing Philips Respironics Cough Assist T70
Enhanced cough management
- Respironics Cough Assist T70 provides non-invasive and effective cough management for individuals with difficulty coughing.
- By targeting pressure and airflow, the device helps produce strong coughs while clearing secretions from airways while maintaining patency; this can significantly enhance cough effectiveness while decreasing risks related to respiratory complications.
Improved Secretion Clearance
- The T70’s oscillatory waveform technology helps improve secretion mobilization and clearance.
- A combination of positive and negative pressure encourages mucus movement within airways to dislodge accumulated secretions, helping dislodge them for expulsion from your system.
- It can be conducive for individuals with cystic fibrosis, neuromuscular disorders or spinal cord injuries where secretion clearance plays a crucial role in maintaining respiratory health.
Reduced Respironic Complications
- The Respironics Cough Assist T70 can help minimize respiratory complications that threaten compromised respiratory function by clearing secretions and maintaining airway patency.
- Regular use of the T70 will reduce these complications for better overall respiratory health.
Features of the Respironics Cough Assist T70
Intuitive user interface
- The T70 features an intuitive user interface for simple operation and control, including an LCD that demonstrates settings, cough waveform graphics, and other important information.
- Furthermore, its user-friendly controls facilitate effortless parameter adjustments, ensuring customized treatment settings to suit every user.
- The Respironics Cough Assist T70 offers customizable settings to meet the individual needs of users.
- Parameters such as positive/harmful pressure levels, inspiratory/expiratory time and sensitivity can all be adjusted based on individual requirements – providing healthcare providers with ample opportunity to tailor settings based on patient response for improved therapy outcomes.
Integrated cough waveform graphics
- The T70 comes equipped with a visual representation of its cough waveform on its display screen, enabling healthcare providers and patients to monitor and evaluate how effectively coughs generated by this device are working for them.
- Real-time visual feedback enables optimal treatment and secretion clearance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long will it take to see results with Respironics Cough Assist T70?
- Timeframe of T70 results can differ depending on individual circumstances; however, most users report seeing improvements in cough effectiveness and secretion clearance within weeks of consistent use.
- It is recommended to follow recommended treatment plans as recommended by healthcare providers for personalized guidance.
Does this device fit all age groups?
- The Respironics Cough Assist T70 was designed to accommodate patients of various ages, from pediatric to adult.
- Programmable parameters can be customized to suit individuals across age categories.
- Its usage should be manageable for all groups; however, it’s wise to consult a healthcare professional to ascertain its suitability for use with specific age categories.
Can the T70 be used at home and in clinical settings?
- Clinical environments due to their portable, lightweight design that makes transportation and uses simple.
- Furthermore, it is a user-friendly interface, and adjustable settings enable individuals to receive effective cough relief wherever they may be under guidance from healthcare providers.
Are There Specific Safety Precautions When Utilizing This Device?
- When using the Respironics Cough Assist T70, it is essential to abide by all safety recommendations its manufacturer and healthcare professionals provide.
- General precautions include regularly inspecting for signs of damage; cleaning and maintaining the device as needed; using it on a stable surface, and regularly contacting healthcare providers for tailored recommendations on personal precautions.
What’s In The Box?
- Cough Assist T70 Machine.
- SD Card.
- Hose Clip.
- Air Filter.
- 6 Foot Patient Circuit.
- Adult Large Mask.
- AC Power Cord.
- Carry Case.
What does it do?
- Removes secretions from the lungs.
- Reduces the occurrence of respiratory infections.
- Safe, non-invasive alternative to suctioning.
- Easy for patients and caregivers to operate.
- Safe use with tracheostomy tubes for patients with ALS.
- Expels 29% more mucus than deep suctioning.
- Improves SpO2in ALS patients receiving mechanical ventilation via Tracheostomy tube.
- Clears airways for longer periods of time than tracheal suctioning and with fewer complications.
- Less irritating, less painful, less tiring, and less uncomfortable than tracheal suctioning.
- Minimizes the risk of pneumonia and infections.
- Width: 11.5′
- Height: 9.1′
- Depth: 7.5′
- Weight: 3.8 kg.
- Operating Temperature: 5 CÂ° to 35Â° C.
- Relative Humidity: 15 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Atmospheric pressure: 101 kPa to 77 kPa.
- Preset Capability: 3.
- Operation Modes: Manual and Auto.
- Maximum Positive Pressure: 70 cm H2O
- Maximum Negative Pressure: -70 cm H2O
- Triggering: Cough-Trak on/off. (not available in Manual Mode)
- Inhale Flow: Low, Medium, High.
- Inspiratory Time: 0.0 to 5.0 seconds. (not available in Manual Mode)
- Expiratory Time: 0.0 to 5.0 seconds. (not available in Manual Mode)
- Pause Time: 0.0 to 5.0 seconds. (not available in Manual Mode or if Cough-Trak is enabled)
- Manufacturer: Respironics.
- Warranty: 1 Year