- Provides Patient Comfort – Moisturizes as it protects skin against incontinence-associated dermatitis 3M Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream
- Long Lasting – Resist’s wash-off and requires fewer applications than typical moisture barriers, saving time and effort
- Allows Adhesives to Adhere – Vanishes into skin, allowing tapes and dressings to adhere. Does not clog briefs or diapers.
- Clinically Proven Protection – Hypoallergenic formula contains dimethicone for skin protection and comfort
- Compatible with CHG
- Protecting at-risk skin from damage associated with incontinence
- Moisturizing severely dry skin
|Product type||Barrier cream, Skin care|
How to use Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream:
- Use the product according to the instructions. Certain products require priming prior to use. Be sure to follow the instructions on the package. If you have questions, consult your physician or pharmacist.
Some products require shaking before using. Look at the label to determine whether you must shake the bottle thoroughly prior to applying.
- Apply it to the areas affected on your skin when needed, or as indicated by the manufacturer or as directed by your physician. The frequency of application of your product is dependent on your brand and the condition of your skin.
- For dry hands, you might need to apply the product each time when it is time to wash your hand.hands using it all day long.
- If you’re making use of this solution to combat diaper rash, wash the diaper area thoroughly prior to application and let the area dry prior to using the treatment.
If you’re making use of this item to treat the effects of radiation burns to the skin burns, consult with radiation professionals to determine whether your product can be used prior to the treatment.
- Follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe application. Apply only to the skin. Avoid areas that are sensitive, such as the eyes, inside your mouth and nose, as well as the vaginal or groyne area in case the label or physician advises you to do so.
- Check the label for directions about any areas or types of skin where you should not apply the product (such as on the face, any areas of broken/chapped/cut/irritated/scraped skin, or on a recently shaved area of the skin).
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Make sure to use this medication on a regular basis to get the maximum benefits from it.
Many moisturisers require water in order to function properly. Apply the cream after showering or bathing after a shower, while your skin remains damp.
If you have extremely trocken skin your physician may recommend that you wash the area prior to using the product.
A long, hot bathing or washing session can dry your skin..
If your condition persists or becomes worse or if you believe you might have a serious medical condition get medical attention immediately.
1. What is Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream used for?
Ans: It is used as a moistening agent for skin burns and diaper rash preventing the dryness, roughness and itchy skin.
2. Where do you apply Cavilon Barrier Cream?
Ans: It’s applicable on all skin areas.
3. Can Cavilon be used on broken skin?
Ans: In the case of broken skin, Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is more effective.
4. What are the side effects of Cavilon cream?
Ans: It can be safely used but contact your clinicians if you see any rashes, skin irritation, burning, sting-in or redness.
There are no reviews yet.