3M Tegaderm Silicone Foam Border Dressing Provides Advanced Wound Care to Support Fast Healing
- The 3M Tegaderm Silicone foam Border Dressing is a safe self-adhesive wound dressing with a soft silicone foam pad and a border strip.
- It’s intended to absorb and handle moderate to severe exudates from different types of wounds, including pressure ulcers, surgical wounds, and Abrasions, without traumatizing patients during removal.
- It provides patients with comfort during the healing process. In addition, its unique design binds tightly without causing skin trauma when removed to ensure patient comfort.
- In addition, its foam-like silicone pad is perfectly shaped to the wound beds to create humid wound conditions that promote natural healing and minimizes the risk of maceration.
Features of the 3m Tegaderm Silicone Foam Border Dressing
Silicone Adhesive Technology
- The silicone border adhesive bonds softly and securely to the skin’s surface, providing the secure fixing of the skin while minimizing injury in removal.
Absorbent Foam Pad
- The soft foam pad made of silicone absorbs and holds in the exudate from the wound, creating an ideal healing environment that is moist and humid, which promotes proper healing.
Breathable and Waterproof
- The dressing was explicitly designed to permit gas exchange and create an impenetrable barrier to external contaminants that might get through the wound.
- The elastic and flexible dressing can conform easily to different shapes and body contours, resulting in greater patient comfort and a comfortable fitting.
Extended Wear Time
- With its exceptional absorbency and securing adhesion properties, our dressings allow for prolonged wear time, reducing the need for dressing changes and easing patient discomfort.
Advantages of the 3m Silicone Foam Dressing
- It is soft to skin and wound beds to ensure safe, simple removal
- Absorbs exudate and reduces the chance of maceration
- Helps heal wounds that are moist.
- Protects against heat loss and provides thermal insulation
- Flexible and comfortable
- Wear it for a number of days, based on the condition of the wound and levels of exudate.
- Cut to make it fit the wound.
- Wound management
- Pressure ulcer/injury prevention
- Tube/device cushioning or under compression
|Condition||Dressing and Device Securement, Pressure Ulcer, Wound Care|
|Dressing and Device Securement Condition Type||Wounds|
|Dressing Type||Foam Dressing, Silicone foam border dressing|
|Overall Length (Imperial)||2 in, 3 in, 4 in, 6 in, 6.75 in, 8.74 in|
|Overall Length (Metric)||10 cm, 10.16 cm, 15 cm, 15.24 cm, 17.145 cm, 22.225 cm, 5.08 cm, 7.62 cm|
|Overall Width (Imperial)||2 in, 3 in, 4 in, 4.25 in, 6 in, 8.66 in|
|Overall Width (Metric)||10.16 cm, 11 cm, 15 cm, 15.24 cm, 22 cm, 5.08 cm, 7.62 cm|
|Pack Quantity||10 each per box 6 boxes per case, 10 each per box 4 boxes per case, 10 each per box 6 boxes per case, 5 each per box 4 boxes per case|
|Product Type||Foam Dressing|
|Size||2x2in, 5x5cm, 3x3in, 7.5×7.5cm, 4×4.25in, 10×10.6cm, 4x4in, 10x10cm, 6×6.75in, 15x17cm, 6x6in, 15x15cm, 7.25×8.75in, 18.5x22cm|
|Therapeutic Area and Conditions||Arterial ulcer, Donor Sites, Pressure Ulcers, Superficial Partial Thickness Burns, Surgical Wounds, Venous Leg Ulcer|
|Units per Pack||10, 5|
|Wound Care Condition Type||Venous Leg Ulcer|
To treat complete and partial-thickness wounds such as:
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Traumatic injuries
1. What are silicone foam dressings used for?
Ans – Tegaderm Silicone Foam Dressing is designed for management of low‐ to highly‐exuding partial and full thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, venous leg ulcers, neuropathic ulcers, arterial ulcers, skin tears, surgical wounds, superficial partial thickness burns and donor sites.
2. How long can a silicone dressing be left in place?
Ans – The 3M Tegaderm Silicone Foam Border Dressing may remain in place up to seven days. Frequency of changes is determined by the type of wound and volume of excess fluid per your health care provider. To remove, carefully lift the dressing edge from skin.
3. When should foam dressings be used?
Ans – Foam dressings may be used as primary and secondary dressings for partial- and full-thickness wounds with minimal, moderate, or heavy drainage; as primary dressings to provide absorption and insulation; or as secondary dressings for wounds with packing.
4. Is this dressing suitable for use on wounds that are infected?
Ans – This dressing, 3M Tegaderm Silicone Foam Border Dressing, is not suitable for use on wounds with infection, and healthcare providers should determine the condition of the dressing before consulting a specialist in wound care to determine the appropriate treatment.
5. Are the 3m Silicone Foam dressings suitable for delicate and sensitive skin?
A: The soft silicone adhesive makes the dressing suitable for sensitive or delicate skin and reduces the chances of skin damage when removed.